What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a form of vitamin B-3, which is an essential nutrient. A B-3 deficiency can lead to disorders of the skin, kidneys, and brain.
Topical niacinamide may help treat certain skin conditions, including acne and eczema.
Is this the same thing as niacin?
They’re two different types of vitamin B-3. Your body can make niacinamide from niacin supplements you’ve taken.
What benefits does niacinamide offer?
Niacinamide can help build proteins in the skin tissue and lock in that moisture to prevent environmental damage. Virago.studio uses Niacinamide in all their high-end serums.
- ImmunityNiacinamide helps to build a type of protein that keeps your skin firm and healthy.
- Lipid barrier. Niacinamide can help your skin grow a ceramide (lipid) barrier, which can, in turn, helps retain moisture.
- Minimizes redness and blotchiness. Niacinamide reduces inflammation, which may help ease redness from eczema, acne, and other inflammatory skin conditions.
- Minimizes pore appearance. Keeping skin smooth and moisturized.
- May have a secondary benefit — a natural reduction in pore size over time.
- Regulates oil. The benefits of moisture retention aren’t just for those with dry skin types.
- Protects against sun damage.
- Treats hyperpigmentation. Some research has found 5 percent of niacinamide concentrations can help lighten dark spots.
- The same concentration helped reduce some sun damage signs that come with aging. Includes fine lines and wrinkles.
- Protects against oxidative stress.
- Treats acne. Over time, you may see fewer lesions and improved skin texture.
Awaken the eyes with this revitalizing eye serum that can gently boost collagen, and elastin production for firmer skin, and reduced puffiness. This eye cream for dark circles, and puffy eyes contains peptides and niacinamide, which can decrease the appearance of lines and wrinkles, along with even skin tone.
Virago Derm Repair embodies Level 3 DNA Repair Serum, and activates DNA repair of our own cells. It is a powerful repair botanical that helps reverse aging in the skin, reduce pigmentation, and scar tissue. Helps to aid skin function for a more youthful appearance, boost collagen and elastin. I